“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.”
Veronica Roth

Monday, March 25, 2013

Dark Poisins



                                                       I lay awake
                                       listening to you breathe
                                        feeling your heartbeat
                                          with my fingertips

                                             I look you over
                                          seeing, memorizing
                                         the beauty you possess
                                 knowing that I in all my hard  work
                                        will never deserve you

                                            Yet you are here
                                            laying next to me
                                        your scent fills the air
                                                 your smile
                                           is so intoxicating

                                      Your kisses the antidote
                                           to the self-hatred
                                           that poisons me.
                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment