“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.”
― Veronica Roth

Friday, March 29, 2013

Engulfing You in Fire

                          My friend picked this one out of my poetry journal hope you all enjoy it. :)

                                           your letters, my diary
                                           your shirt, your cap
                                         along with the map to our
                                              old picnic spot.
                                         all of these painful memories
                                              I place in a box.


                                           Today, I'm liberated
                                                 from my past.
                                            and from the painful
                                                 Relationship
                                               that did not last.
                                             Burning them until
                                               they are nothing.


                                             Not long after dark
                                                 I build a fire
                                             forgetting the pain is
                                               my sole desire.
                                             Memory by Memory
                                                the flames, they
                                                  grow higher.
                                               Soon all your lies are
                                                 Engulfed in Fire.

                                            Soon there is nothing
                                                       but ashes.
                                                I stand to leave
                                             Because the fire removed
                                                   your memory from
                                                          my life,
                                               only to reveal the scars
                                                    you left on my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment